Joint ventures

Main content

Joint ventures

In the United States, we have multiple joint ventures that enhance our diverse portfolio of assets.

Facility name

AM/NS Calvert
AM/NS Calvert steel processing plant is located in Calvert, Ala., about 35 miles north of Mobile. The facility has served the NAFTA market since 2010 with the capacity to process 5.3 million tons of flat rolled carbon steel products annually. Read more >
ArcelorMittal Tailored Blanks Delaco Dearborn

Located in Dearborn, Michigan, the ArcelorMittal Tailored Blanks Delaco Dearborn facility is one of three joint ventures shared with our partner Delaco Steel (the Diez Group). Its 550,000 square foot facility is shared between both partners with approximately 46,500 square feet being utilized for laser welding. With the capability to autogenously butt weld similar and dissimilar steel alloys of varying thicknesses, an engineered, cost effective product is produced. Delaco owns 51 percent of the joint venture and ArcelorMittal owns the remaining 49 percent. The joint venture is a certified minority owned company. Read more >

ArcelorMittal Tailored Blanks Delaco Montezuma

Located in Montezuma, Iowa, ArcelorMittal Tailored Blanks Delaco Montezuma is one of three joint ventures shared with our partner Delaco Steel (the Diez Group). The 15,000 square foot facility is shared between both partners inside Magna Montezuma, our customer's facility. With the capability to autogenously butt weld similar and dissimilar steel alloys of varying thicknesses, an engineered, cost effective product is produced. Delaco owns 51 percent of the joint venture and AreclorMittal owns the remaining 49 percent. The joint venture is a certified minority owned company. Read more >

ArcelorMittal Tailored Blanks Delaco Tonawanda
Located in Tonawanda, New York, ArcelorMittal Tailored Blanks Delaco Tonawanda is one of three joint ventures shared with our partner Delaco Steel (the Diez Group). Its 50,000 square foot facility is shared between both partners with approximately 25,000 square feet being utilized for laser welding. With the capability to autogenously butt weld similar and dissimilar steel alloys of varying thicknesses, an engineered, cost effective product is produced. Delaco owns 51 percent of the joint venture and AreclorMittal owns the remaining 49 percent. The joint venture is a certified minority owned company. Read more >
Double G Coatings

ArcelorMittal and U.S. Steel are 50-50 joint owners in the Double G Coatings Company, a hot-dip galvanizing and Galvalume® facility located near Jackson, Miss. Double G Coatings primarily serves the construction industry and has an annual production capability of approximately 315,000 tons. Read more >

Hibbing Taconite Company

ArcelorMittal owns a majority 62.3 percent stake in Hibbing Taconite Company. The iron ore mine is managed by Cliffs Natural Resources, with Cliffs and U.S. Steel as minority owners. Based in Hibbing, Minn., the mines annual production capacity is 9.1 million tons of iron ore pellets.

I/N Tek and I/N Kote

Located in New Carlisle, Indiana, I/N Tek is a continuous cold-rolling plant that produces sheet steel of unmatched quality and consistency. I/N Tek is a 60-40 joint venture between ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal Corporation. I/N Kote, which is adjacent to I/N Tek, is a 50-50 joint venture between ArcelorMittal and Nippon Steel & Sumitomo Metal. Read more >